Person Centred Culture in Abode Day Services
- The Abode team will put the person first, in everything we do.
- We treat people we support as individuals and respect their choices.
- The person- centred planning (P.C.P.) process informs a person’s timetable, goal setting etc.
- The Keyworker system works in conjunction with the P.C.P. process to encourage optimal, individual supports for the person.
Abode Day Centre provides many goal -based programs specific to individual needs.
Abode Outreach Service
Abode provides respite Services for those who meet our admissions criteria. Fully equipped rooms for respite, including accessible kitchen areas in three of these rooms and each have their own self-contained bathrooms. As part of respite, service users can avail of community activities and centre-based activities, with support of the staff if required.
Abode recognises that for a variety of reasons, a person may not be in a position to access the physical environment of our Day Service. To this end, we have introduced the remote platform of Zoom to augment our service. We have supported people to engage with this process through tutorials, lap- tops, written guidelines/instructions.
Abode Day Centre also provides Tutor- Led CETB Courses
- Music and Movement
- Ceramics QQI level 3
Abode Day Services aim to provide support to access the following in the community (this list is not exhaustive):
- Beauty Treatments
- Hairdressing Services
- Shopping Centres
- Parks/Woods/Garden Centres
- Breakfast/Lunch outings
- Evening outings on an individual basis
The Range of supports/ services accessible for people attending Abode Day Service will empower a person to
- Have a valued social role.
- Make choices and plans to support personal goals.
- Have influence over decisions which affect their lives.
- Achieve personal goals.